Key differences between the Twitter and DataSift Streaming APIs
Here are a few of the core difference between the DataSift and Twitter Streaming APIs
Twitter Streaming API has rate limits on -
- Volume of Data delivered
- Number of Keywords to be tracked (limited to 400)
- Number of User ID's (limited to 5,000)
- Twitter Track only supports keywords and user IDs - DataSift supports words, phrases, near word matching, regular expressions, geo radius, and geo polygon.
- DataSift supports full boolean operators to build complex statements
DataSift's Data Augmentations:
- Klout Data (the industry standard for social authority)
- Language Detection (via tri-grams)
- Sentiment Analysis
- Named Entity Extraction
- DataSift supports multi-streaming - allowing one or more streams to be piped down one HTTP stream connection.