Tagging and scoring, enabled by DataSift VEDO, allow you to add your own metadata to interactions. A simple example might be brokers monitoring a set of stocks could filter for the names of any of the companies involved and adding the appropriate stock ticker as a tag.
You can view pre-built examples of tags in our library. They're ready to use.
Tagging brings significant benefits because you can:
- use the full power of CSDL, adding tags based on conditional rules. This allows you to code business rules directly into your CSDL code.
- choose tags that are meaningful to your business and to the specific situation you are building a filter for. In this way you can build taxonomies to fit your business.
- deliver interactions with custom metadata to your applications.
- use scoring to create powerful decision-making logic.
- reuse definitions across projects; write once, use anywhere.
Tagging takes place immediately after filtering in DataSift. It's very easy to use and there are many different ways you can employ it.
|This page:||Explains how to:|
|Applying tags||Add tags to a filter.|
|Applying scores||Add scores to interactions and to aggregate the results of the scores.|
|Adding namespaces||Structure your tagging into namespaces.|
|Reusing tag definitions||Reuse and combine tag definitions.|