Things to Look at First
DataSift is very simple to use. You simply build filters to find the information you want.
If you're new to the product, we suggest you read these pages first.
1. The filters are written in our programming language. It's called the Curated Stream Definition Language (CSDL).
2. The key feature of CSDL is its set of operators.
3. The filters take information from social media sites and augmentations. Together these are called targets.
4. You can write applications that access DataSift through our APIs.
5. You can test your filters in our user interface before you start to explore the APIs.
7. Please read Targets vs Output Data to understand the difference between filtering data and consuming data.