The value of the HTTP user agent header sent by the requesting browser.
User-Agent: CERN-LineMode/2.15 libwww/2.17b3
This information allows you to determine the software and sometimes the device used to send the request. User agent information is very useful when you want to measure popularity of a certain web browser (for example, when you want to know how many people clicking on your bitly links use Chrome) or when you want to know if your content is published and shared more often on mobile or desktop platforms.
- Filter for bitly requests sent from Blackberry devices:
bitly.user.agent substr "blackberry"
Here are some real-world examples of the values you might filter against:
- BlackBerry9700/22.214.171.1243 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/186
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.5) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.5
- SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1, Mozilla/5.0 (Java; U; en-in; sonyericssonk770i) UCBrowser126.96.36.199/70/405/UCWEB Mobile
- iBrowser/3.0/Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-in; LG-P500 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
- iTunes-iPhone/6.0 (4; 32GB; dt:27)
Target service: Bitly
Always exists: No